CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

NCAA and Seventh Graders

Crazy article I came across this morning related to college recruiting. The NCAA recently ruled that a "prospect" for college coaches to recruit is now considered anyone who is at least in seventh grade or above. Wow. I know the trend in recruiting is shifting to offering younger players (ie: freshmen like Patterson and Smith-Rivera), but this seems a bit excessive. Who knows what Billy Gillispie will do with this sort of freedom???

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9075284/NCAA-classifies-7th-graders-as-prospects/?MSNHPHMA&gt1=42003

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's soooo wrong. I know everyone wants a leg up, but that's ridiculous. I understand freshmen being recruited because their play in high school shows alot.

p-hoops said...

I know. Like the guy in the srticle said, when does it stop?