CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 19, 2008

Former Hoosier Greg Graham in the IndyStar

New Warren Central head coach and former Hoosier great Greg Graham was interviewed about coaching at a football school in today's IndyStar. He is an alumni of the school, so he has a vested interest in their success. They have a huge, statement game this weekend against Patrick Bade (Purdue) and his Franklin Central squad, who are number five in 4A. Here is the link:

http://blogs.indystar.com/preps/archives/2008/12/interview_with.html

On a related note, I have a great childhood memory involving him. I went to a Tim Knight camp with all my cousins in Leo, Indiana in the early 90's, where they promised an appearance by an IU player. I loved the camp, but to be honest, I was expecting one of the lesser-known backups as the featured guest, which, in my adolescent perspective, was still pretty sweet. However, on the last day of camp, GREG GRAHAM walked through the door, and I about lost it. I had him sign everything on me, including a poster called, "The Knight Years," with paintings of Coach Knight from different eras of his tenure. I still have it, and it's in my sports room at home, proudly displayed alongside other memorabilia. Good memory.

0 comments: